Online Entries Open: June 1, 2023, 8:00 AM
Online Entries Close: August 1, 2023, 8:00 PM
Entry Instructions and Rules
- You must be an Active WSO member, residing in Oregon, with 2023 dues paid, to enter.
- You can renew your membership at this link.
- A maximum of two images may be submitted.
- All selected paintings shall be by a different WSO member.
- Work shall be completed within two years of the submission deadline.
- Work may be critiqued by a teacher and/or a critique group.
- All work must be original in its concept, composition, and design, and must be the creation of the artist. The definition of original: created directly and personally by a particular artist, not a copy or imitation.
- The painting has not previously been juried into any WSO exhibition.
- Work shall be executed without step-by-step instruction.
- Artwork may not be altered once the image is submitted, except for adding the artist’s signature, and artwork must match the submitted image exactly.
- Single or double mats in white or off-white only are acceptable, but optional. No colored liners.
- Frames must be matte black metal with a maximum depth of 2”, with minimum outside dimensions of 256 square inches and maximum outside dimensions of 1200 square inches.
- Paintings must be covered with Plexiglas (acrylic), not with glass.
Mediums and Substrates:
- The Fall Watercolor Exhibit is open to water media that can be reactivated by water.
- Water media shall consist of paintings that are predominantly watercolor.
- Work must be on a single piece of untreated paper; plastic paper such as Yupo and Tyvek are not allowed.
- Acrylic, gesso, pastel, collage, ink, embossing, varnished works, and canvas supports are not accepted.
- All accepted paintings must be available and delivered to the convention exhibition.
- Artists who do not make an accepted painting available for the exhibit will not be allowed to enter WSO exhibitions for two years.
How to enter:
- Review important information about preparing and submitting your entry at the “Guide to Entering a WSO Show”.
- RESIZE your image to 1200 pixels on the longest side. The WSO website now has instructions for resizing images. Access the instructions at watercolorsocietyoforegon.com ; click Exhibitions. On the drop-down menu, select “How to Resize Images”.
- RENAME your image as follows (example) SmithMary-GoneWithTheWind.jpg
- Note: No special characters can be used in the file name when submitting the images.
- To submit your entry: Go to watercolorsocietyoforegon.com; click Exhibitions. On the drop-down menu, select “Submit Artwork”.