2022 Fall Watercolor Exhibition Prospectus
Online Entries Open: June 1, 2022
Online Entries Close: 8:00pm on August 1, 2022
Entry Instructions and Rules
- You must be an Active WSO member, residing in Oregon, with 2022 dues paid to enter. (Note: To renew your membership, go to our membership page.)
- A maximum of two images may be submitted.
- All selected paintings shall be by a different WSO member.
- Work shall be completed within two years of the submission deadline.
- Work may be critiqued by a teacher and/or a critique group.
- All work must be original in its concept, composition and design, and must be the creation of the artist.
- The painting has not previously been juried into any WSO exhibition.
- Work shall be executed without step-by-step instruction.
- Artwork may not be altered once the image is submitted, except for adding the artist’s signature.
- Artwork must match the submitted image exactly.
Presentation and Framing
- Single or double mats in white or off-white only are acceptable, but optional.
- Frames must be matte black metal with a maximum depth of 2”.
- Framed pieces must have a minimum outside dimension of 256 square inches and a maximum outside dimension of 1200 square inches.
- Paintings must be covered with Plexiglas (acrylic), not with glass.
Mediums and Substrates
- The Fall Watercolor Exhibit is open to watermedia that can be reactivated by water.
- Watermedia shall consist of paintings that are predominantly watercolor.
- Work must be on a single piece of untreated paper; plastic paper such as Yupo and Tyvek are not allowed.
- Acrylic, gesso, pastel, collage, ink, embossing, varnished works, and canvas supports are not accepted.
- All accepted paintings must be available and delivered to the convention exhibition.
- Artists who do not make an accepted painting available for the exhibit will not be allowed to enter WSO exhibitions for two years.
How to Enter
- RESIZE your image to 1200 pixels on the longest side and at 300 dpi.
- RENAME your image as follows (example) SmithMary-GoneWithTheWind.jpg Note: No special characters can be used in the file name when submitting the images.
- Submit entries on the WSO website: www.watercolorsocietyoforegon.com; click on “Shows and Exhibitions.”
Need Help with your online entry?
Call a HELP VOLUNTEER:
PC: volunteer needed
Mac: Charlotte Peterson at 541-840-0956