Sakura – Margaret Godfrey.
The Watermark is Looking for Your Submissions!
Please Share Your Paintings and Favorite Painting Tools
The Watermark staff invites WSO members to share images of your paintings in a fun and informal way in the Members’ Gallery, published as a Watermark accompaniment and on the WSO website under the Membership tab.
If you are interested in participating in the May 2023 theme of New Beginnings, please:
- Submit an image of one watercolor or acrylic painting. (Please note: the images submitted by members are not juried.)
- Crop the photo to show painting only; there should be no mat, frame, or glass visible.
- Name the JPEG file using your full name (last, first) followed by the title of the painting—for example, JonesTom-BeautifulFlowers.jpg
- Format image, if possible, to 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Give WSO consent in the body of your email to display your image on the WSO website.
- Email painting photo by April 20, to Leslie Dugas at email@example.com with the subject line “Members’ Gallery submission.”
For the May 2023 issue of the Watermark, submit recommendations of your favorite brushes or other paint applicators. Please provide the pertinent descriptive information: style, size, brand, what material it is made of (e.g., natural or synthetic bristles), and what supplier you use if the item is not widely available. And tell us something special this tool contributes to your artmaking experience.
Email your recommendations by April 20, to Ilana Hoffman with the subject line, “WSO Collective Wisdom.” Ilana’s contact information is in the Membership Roster & Handbook.
If you would like to share a great recommendation on a previous theme in Collective Wisdom (Online Watercolor Resources or Books about Art or Artists), don’t hesitate to send it along. Ilana will include it in her Postscript section in the next issue of the Watermark, and it will appear under the appropriate theme on the WSO website at: https://watercolorsocietyoforegon.com/membership/collective-wisdom/.