Open to all WSO members in good standing (dues paid by submission date). Subscribers and out-of-state residents are not eligible to enter. WSO does not sponsor signature membership.
All work submitted is subject to the rules set forth herein:
- By entering the exhibition, you grant WSO the right to use your image for reproduction purposes and to display award winners on its website. You also grant galleries on the Traveling Show the right to use your image to advertise the exhibition.
- Only two entries per artist are allowed and must be submitted online. Only one entry per artist will be included in the 80 entries selected by the juror for the exhibition.
- Paintings must be the original work of the artist, have been completed within the last two years and not been in a previous WSO show. No copies of published photos, the work of others or classroom work allowed.
- All entries must be available for the convention exhibition and the Traveling Show, and cannot be removed, or artist will not be allowed to enter WSO exhibitions for two years.
- Artists who are accepted and do not deliver their painting will not be allowed to enter WSO exhibitions for two years.
- Entries cannot be withdrawn prior to completion of the jurying process or artist will not be allowed to enter WSO exhibitions for two years.
- All submitted paintings must be for sale. All prices are final and cannot be changed. Keep in mind sales commissions at some galleries may be as high as 50%.
- Painting must not be altered, with the exception of the artist’s signature, once entry is submitted.
- Accepted paintings must be matted to match the submitted digital image. No elements can be added or removed and painting cannot be cropped in or out more than 1/2″. Any painting that does not match the submitted digital image will be rejected.
- Outer dimensions of framed painting must be 16”X 20” or greater and less than 30”X 40”. Frame depth must not exceed 1 1/2″.
- Mats, if used, must be white or off-white with no decorative embellishments. A list of suggestions can be found on the Show Entry page. Only one liner (second mat between mat and painting) is allowed and may be of any color. Liner must not exceed 1/2″ in width. Frame depth must not exceed 1 1/2″.
- All paintings must be framed using 1 inch black matte metal frames and acrylic (no glass).
- A $30.00 handling fee will be applied to all members who are accepted into our juried exhibitions. If your painting is rejected for any reason, your $30.00 will be returned.
- At the end of the Traveling Show, delivery of sold paintings to buyers is the responsibility of the artist.
Watercolor Exhibition Requirements for the Spring and Fall Shows:
- Fall (Usually in October): Painting must be on a single piece of untreated paper (plastic “paper” i.e., Yupo, is not allowed), The Fall Watercolor Exhibition is open to watermedia that can be reactivated by water. The Watercolor Exhibition will not accept acrylic, gesso, pastel, collage or ink. No embossing permitted. Varnished work is not eligible.
- Spring (Usually in April): Paintings with an overall character of media other than aqua media will not be accepted. Paintings may be done on paper (including Yupo), aquabord/clayboard, illustration or watercolor board (treated or untreated). No canvas supports are allowed. Paintings may incorporate colored pencil, pastel, ink, acrylics, gouache, and other aqua media. Gold leaf and non-water based metallic are not allowed. If collage is used, it must be original water media on paper and done by the artist. Found items such as printed text clippings or documents are not allowed.
Though utmost care will be taken in handling image media and artwork, neither WSO nor any gallery sponsoring WSO exhibitions are responsible for loss or damage. All insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
Twenty award winning paintings will be selected by the show juror. Cash and merchandise awards will be announced at the opening of the show.