HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PAINTING FOR WSO COMPETITION
Please READ, the FEES and some RULES have changed. Thank you.
- Must be clean and sharp cut
- Must be white or off-white ONLY; only the following Mat colors may be used:
- Crescent: Palm beach white, off white, antique white, white, very white, bright white, script white, antique gray, mist, ivory, cream, alabaster, optic white, moonlight, cotton white and whisper
- Bainbridge: Chalk, Spanish white, matte white, igloo, frost, French white, antique white, snowflake, sea mist, talc, Fairfield white and photo white
- Artique: Oyster, whitecap, ivory, Dover, chalk white, talcum, meringue, buff, white, off white, Devonshire, crystal and muslin
- Colored liner of 1/2 inch or less is acceptable
- The painting must be matted to reveal the exact image that was submitted.
- Please see “Tips on How to Correctly Mat Your Painting” below
- Matte Black Metal Frames only, free from scratches and dings
- Clips to hold painting securely in place, if needed
- Maximum OUTSIDE dimensions – 30” x 40”
- Minimum OUTSIDE dimensions – 16” x 20”
- Maximum DEPTH (thickness from back to front) – 1-1/2 inches.
- Secure wire for hanging.
- No glass is allowed
- All paintings regardless of surface must be glazed (covered) with Plexiglas, Acrylic or Lucite
- Surface must be free from scratches.
PACKING (if shipping your painting)
- Do not use Styrofoam pellets for packing
- Use a crate suitable for re-shipping (see below)
- Label all packing materials that you wish to have returned to you
- Delete all previous names and addresses from your shipping box before re-using
- Use the shipping label provided in your acceptance packet.
- Artists are responsible for providing a container suitable for re-use
- If you are making your own crate (shipping box), here are the instructions:
- Use a wood frame with two layers of cardboard on each side.
- Use screws with angle iron and hinged top to close. This is a re-usable crate, which makes it simple to unpack and re-pack your painting.\
- Label the outside of the crate ‘FRAGILE”
- Do not use nails to close
- Indicate Top with arrows.
PAPERWORK & FEES
- Tape the following to the back of the painting:
- Exhibition Painting Label in the upper left corner;
- Signed Gallery Contract; do not fold. Galleries will not allow paintings to hang without a gallery contract attached; in the lower left corner
- Artist’s Bio: Typed on a 8 1/2 by 11 paper; in the lower right.
- Pre-Authorized Return Shipping Label in the upper right.( Only if you’re having your painting returned via shipping).
- Enclose the $30 hanging fee (make check payable to “WSO”). in an envelope and seal flap over hanging wire:
- Hand deliver your painting to the designated place –or-
- Ship your painting with a Pre-Authorized Return Shipping Label.