MATS: Clean, sharp cut mats
White or off-white mats only (see list at bottom of this document). Colored liner is acceptable. Only one mat liner is allowed. Mat liner cannot exceed ½” in width.
MAT COLORS FOR USE IN WSO EXHIBITS
All these hues are white or light neutral with no more than a value of two on the Jan Kunz ’Value Scale’ (with one being pure white). Hopefully these examples will serve as a guide.
- Crescent: Palm beach white, off white, antique white, white, very white, bright white, script white, antique gray, mist, ivory, cream, alabaster, optic white, moonlight, cotton white and whisper.
- Bainbridge: Chalk, Spanish white, matte white, igloo, frost, French white, Antique white, snowflake, sea mist, talc, Fairfield white and photo white.
- Artique: Oyster, whitecap, ivory, Dover, chalk white, talcum, meringue, buff, white, off white, Devonshire, crystal and muslin.
FRAMES: Maximum depth of frame – 1.5 inch
Metal frames only – free from scratches and dings
- Maximum outside dimensions: 30”x40”
- Minimum outside dimensions: 16”x20”
- Clips to hold painting securely in place, if necessary
WIRE: Use secure wire for hanging
GLAZING: NO GLASS!
Glaze with Plexiglas, Acrylic or Lucite free from scratches.